Dental plaque represents an accumulation of bacteria on teeth. Not only that it is annoying and it doesn’t look good, it is also harmful for teeth. When it gets in contact with some aliments it produces an acid that may be the cause of dental decay. Dental plaque can transform in tophus that is more difficult to eliminate and it requires a visit to a specialist. On the other hand it is very easy to remove dental plaque because it implies only brushing your teeth correctly or eating some special aliments.
- Use baking soda. One of the oldest natural remedies for removing dental plaque. You need only some baking soda and teeth brush. Instead of toothpaste use baking soda and the results will be more than remarkable.
- Eat apples and watermelons. Eat an apple or a canary melon after each meal. After this “procedure” you will notice that your teeth will be cleaner and your gums healthier and won’t bleed anymore.
- Take an orange peel and rub your teeth with it. It may seem strange but vitamin C does not allow microorganisms to appear on teeth. Try this procedure before you go to bed.
- Chew sesame seeds. Chew a tablespoon of sesame seeds but do not swallow them. Then brush your teeth with these seeds. They will certainly remove dental plaque.
- Use tomatoes and strawberries. This fruit is very rich in vitamin C just like citric fruit. Rub your teeth with tomatoes and strawberries and let them then stay 5 minutes. Rinse with a solution with baking soda dissolved in water.
- Homemade toothpaste. Mix ½ cup of coconut oil with 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda, 2 small bags of patience powder and 2 drops of peppermint or cinnamon oil. Deposit this solution in a small bottle and use it instead of your toothpaste.